Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Search for the Perfect Curl ...

Let me ask you a question ...

Have you ever found yourself flipping through magazines and being excited to see a curly head of hair?



Then you start thinking to yourself, "I wish my curls looked like that ...""I wonder what products she uses ..." or "Why doesn't my hair look like that ..."?




But for some reason your mind never says, "she's a model, they pay someone to spend time on her hair so it will look like that!" duh!




But even if that thought did cross your mind, you still are convinced that your curls aren't good enough and if you maybe find the right product your hair will magically become the perfect curl. So you google, and blog, and scour the aisles for those products you read and heard about from the magazine and that girl only to drive yourself crazy and waste tons of money.

I call this, "Searching For the Perfect Curl"

Instead of searching for the perfect curl, you need to embrace the curl you have. Everyone's curl is different and everyone's curls change based on the amount of heat used on the curl, amount of the moisture the curl has, the length of the curl, or he amount/type of product you may have put in it.

You have to learn your hair and it's needs. You have to discover how to listen to it because trust me, it talks to you.




Over the past three years, I have listened to what my hair has been saying to me. I am hoping I can take what I've learned and put it to good use here by making some of those lessons universal.

YOU need to keep YOU happy with YOUR curls regardless of how many other curls you may see.




This is a blog of my hair diary. You should start one too! If you see progress you'll be happy and a happy person makes for happy hair.

Enjoy :)
Coco Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment