Monday, July 21, 2014

Like Me ...

It's been a while ...

I've been thinking a lot recently about a thought I had when I began my natural hair journey how there aren't a lot of "girls" with curls like mine ... And I understand that  EVERYONES curls are VERY different .. BUT ... most "popular page" curls are the looser 3b, 2c type of pattern ...

Now let me back up for a second ... I have a 4b/4c hair type if you will ... my curls look like the spring inside of a mechanical pencil ... and the shrinkage ... GIRL ... I can't even begin on that ... you know how most people's wash n go's get bigger as the days go on ... well, mine get smaller ... shrinkages is real life in these streets for me!

But any-who ... after much debating and creating excuses about life taking over .. etc. ... I have decided to start this blog for real. Like most of the hair gurus I follow it is a good way to document your progress. My main goal was to always have healthy hair .. I never really had any length retaining goals as I prefer shorter hair. But now I would like to challenge myself to grow my hair to certain lengths over time... I believe that this will challenge me to keep a routine and regimen for my hair therefore keeping it the healthiest it can be.

My regimen will consist of the following yes's and no's ...

No ...
combs or brushes
poos (shampoo)
cones (silicones)
or drying alcohols ...

Yes ...
cowashing
finger detagling
moisturizing
and protective styling

Modifications
low heat

- hair steamer
- hooded dryer
- blow dryer on low settings

I will be following the Curly Girl method as my foundation but will adjust it and tweak it to fit my hair and my goals (as we all should). I will also be following suggestions and styles from many of the hair gurus I follow and I hope this will be helpful. I will attempt to tag and post as much as possible.

Following this post will be an updated list of the products I use and the sources of information I will pull from ... I will update this periodically via various posts when things change due to my hair, my schedule, my life, etc. ...

Here is typical hair regimen that I will attempt to follow:

Sunday
WASH/DEEP CONDITION DAY

Monday
REST DAY


Tuesday
PREP DAY

Wednesday
STYLE DAY


Thursday
PREP DAY


Friday
STYLE DAY


Saturday
PREP DAY


  • Wash/Deep Condition Day = co-washing and deep conditioning (with a hair steamer especially in the fall/winter)
  • Prep Day = overnight conditioning on dry hair
  • Style Day = washing out the overnight conditioning and twisting, bantu knotting, etc the next morning or afternoon (whenever I get around to it)



I hope you enjoy this blog and this is helpful for someone as I know the people before me were/are extremely helpful and inspiring for my journey.

see the Information Station, REEEEEMIXX page to see where I find my inspiration

xoxo,
Coco Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment